Hello, it’s me.
I was wondering if you remember that I’m still a blogger? Seriously though, I barely do. I’m sorry I’ve been so MIA… I really don’t have a good excuse besides the fact that I was on a much needed vacation. But I’ve missed this, missed blogging. I’ve been itching to come back to it so here we go!
Also Happy New Year, Merry Christmas, and all that good stuff.
Okay but since we’re now on the topic, why do people still wish each other a Happy New Year when we’re so far into it? It’s not “new” anymore. I mean, are you going to be wishing people you haven’t seen since 2015 a Happy New Year in February?? I wished the people I was with a Happy New Year at 12:00:01 on January 1st and thats it.
Anyway, here we go.
As most of you probably know, the Brew Bistro Rooftop and Lounge is finally open (and has been for a while)! What you may not know is I live about five minutes away so it will now be my new local. Here are some other (more interesting) facts you probably don’t know, but should know about Brew Bistro Rooftop:
- Brew Bistro is open for brunch lunch and dinner but it’s also available for rent as a function space.
- When you’re at the new Brew for brunch, lunch, or dinner, you can enjoy an internationally inspired menu which focuses on tapas, continental, bistro, eclectic foods with uniquely Kenyan twists on them.
- Unlike Brew Bistro at Piedmont Plaza, this new Brew doesn’t have it’s own brewery but it does get it’s beer supply from the flagship Brew Bistro. Fun fact: although there isn’t a brewery on site, you can learn all about the brewing process from the murals on the wall.
- Brew Bistro Rooftop and Lounge was built in just 6 months! Which is pretty amazing considering the dance floor in the middle of the venue can be turned into a BOXING RING.
- ICYMI Brew Bistro recently brewed a Jameson inspired brew called Enkare which means cool water in Maasai. This beer was made by aging Kifabock in Jameson barrels for over 4 months.The barrels in which the beer was brewed will go back to Ireland and Jameson will be brewed in these barrels to impart a beer aroma in the whiskey. Let’s hope we can get some of that here.
- The bar will be introducing a new section of their bar menu called The Best of The Best. Brew Bistro has contacted 10 international mixologists and asked them to add their signature cocktail onto the menu. These delicious concoctions should be available starting next month!
- Brew Bistro has a strict age policy of 25+after 7PM to ensure a grown and mature crowd. However it’s a family space where kids are allowed until 7PM.
- Brew Bistro may be known for their home brews however they have an extensive wine list with over 200 wines on their menu.
- The Rooftop has some cool and exclusive spaces. An upstairs VIP area where you can watch the DJ spin from his booth as well as a private dining room in an enclave which can be easy to miss unless you know it’s there.
There you have it. Nine fast facts about the new Brew Bistro Rooftop and Lounge. Have anything to add to this post? Add it in the comments section below!
All photos by J. Mwai Photography