I don’t write recipes here often and by often I mean ever. BUT I’ve recently come down with a cold. It’s the first time I’ve been sick in over a year so it was a long time coming. There’s never a ‘good’ time to get sick (except for when you’ve got a big exam coming up and you haven’t studied) but for me, this really isn’t a good time to get sick.
I’ve got so much planned for this weekend! From work and blog posts to shoot for to attending the Jack Daniel’s Brother of the Grill Festival. In case you missed it, I’m going to be a judge at the event this weekend, tasting delicious BBQ ribs and chicken wings… Tough gig, I know.
So here I am, sitting at home feeling sorry for myself because I’m a little bit sick and I wanted to showcase a recipe for you that’s going to be at the Jack Daniel’s BBQ but I don’t have any of the ingredients. Then I realized, why not make myself a delicious Hot Toddy. Two birds, one stone right?
Here it goes. My first ever recipe post. Someone put Kaluhi on speed dial, something tells me I should stick to writing reviews 😉
What you’ll need:
- A mug
- Hot water
- A lemon
- Jack Daniel’s (two shots)
- A teabag (optional)
- Place a tablespoon of honey into the bottom of your cup
- Pour two shots of Jack Daniel’s into the cup
- Marvel at how they remain separated due to differences in density
- Wonder if this is how the inventors of Jack Daniel’s Honey came up with the recipe. Maybe they only had two of the listed ingredients and decided that was good enough.
- Squeeze half a lemon into the cup
- Add boiling water to top and stir
- Place teabag (if desired) into mix and let steep for up to four minutes (four minutes sounds more scientific than five, so just go with it)
- Garnish with a slice of lemon (if you’re feeling fancy)
- Find comfortable chair in house and enjoy your quick and easy cocktail remedy
Hot Toddy’s are so delicious I wonder why I only remember to drink them when I feel a cold coming on.
Curious about which Jack cocktails you’ll be able to find and enjoy at the festival? Check them out below!
Want to win tickets to the event? Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Twitter and like my Facebook page. Until then, you can find me in my comfortable chair sipping Hot Toddy’s…. Never let go, Jack.